Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thanks for the memories, 2009

Book of the Week: The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers

Well, here we go again. I have been very, very bad at maintaining this blog this year. I did plenty, saw plenty and experienced so much, yet barely posted any of it. Highlights have definitely been going back for the folks' 40th anniversary in January, then having the family visit for three weeks, and all the travelling I did either with Gareth, the family or with both together (week in New York, long weekend in Zadar, the couple of weeks over in London, Paris and Ireland - again - a brief weekend in Germany, another two weeks in Japan and another long weekend in Madrid). And my first proper snowy winter (white Christmas, yay!). Maybe I'll find some time to blog about all of it at some point. I'm feeling quite annoyed and a bit sad that I didn't, because I know I should - I already have enough trouble trying to remember things the state my memory is in, and I still I didn't. I always say this at the end of the year, but I don't seem to stick to it. That's my one regret for the year. Apart from that, it's been fantastic.

1 comment:

Gareth Brown said...

Fantastic for me too...! And don't forget all the foooood....