Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

Book of the Week: Voyage of the Narwhal by Andrea Barrett

Just sitting here enjoying the last hour of my first day of being officially halfway to 70. (Though I wonder if it even counts because it’s already tomorrow in Malaysia – all that recalculating makes my head hurt.)

Just sitting here thinking. New milestone, new home, new job, new life. New mindset, new habit: it’s the first time I’ve ever written down my birthday thoughts online. I must be more of an extrovert / emotional exhibitionist than I thought.

Factoids of the Week:
In addition to sharing my birthday with at least four other people I know, and recently discovering that it was also World Telecommunications Day (in honour of the founding of the International Telecommunications Union in 1865), I learnt, in the course of covering a story today, that it was also the fifth birthday of Superfast Ferries’ Rosyth-Zeebrugge route. Man. May 17 feels like a really, really common day for things to happen now.

No comments: