Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Book of the Week: The Narrows by Michael Connelly

Time flies when you’re having fun and when you look back at the years, you can’t believe you’ve come this far, this soon.

Mum and Dad celebrate 39 years of marriage today. I love you so very much, guys. It doesn’t feel that long ago that we were marking your 25th, and before we know it, it’ll be your 40th. I’ll be home for that. It’s going to be special! Must do big do.

My blog is a year old today. Seems like just yesterday that I started it – you know you’re getting old when a year seems to go in a blink of an eye. I hope I write a lot more this year than I did last year. I certainly plan to. I must.

Factoids of the Week:
The 40th year of marriage is known as the ruby anniversary.

Anniversary comes from the Latin anniversarius, from the words for “year” and “to turn” – meaning returning yearly.

No comments: