Thursday, January 31, 2008

We're All Going On A Winter Holiday

Book of the Week: Still not reading...

Last day of work! Whoo-hoo! Just three days more before I leave for Malaysia! Can’t wait to see the dogs and folks and family again. I’ve been thinking a lot about my parents, especially Mummy, in the last few days – just going over all my years growing up, the debt of gratitude I owe them, and how very much I love them. I’m going to make myself an early Chinese New Year (and third zodiac cycle) resolution to tell them more, show them more and just generally make sure they know it.

Also looking forward to seeing my old friends from school again – can’t believe next year I’ll have known quite a few of them for 30 years. Just wish they’d get in touch more often rather than just at Chinese New Year. Ah well. At least a handful of us have a lunch date fixed for next Saturday in Kuantan, and, fingers crossed, there’ll be a better attended high tea in the works in KL some time over the next couple of weeks. Can’t wait to do the Malaysian thing – eat lots and talk rubbish!

Factoids of the Week:
The pika looks like a hamster but is more closely related to rabbits.

Wild yaks are the only herd of grazing animals to inhabit the Tibetan plateau, the highest in the world.

The emperor penguin, the tallest and heaviest of all penguin species, has an average lifespan of about 20 years.

No comments: